Things to do on the property…
- Visit animals at the barn/pasture area – feed carrots to the donkeys, goats and horses & feed mealworms to the chickens
- Relax at the Lotus Pond – feed Koi and turtles while enjoying beautiful Lotus Flowers
- Enjoy the sound of frogs at night
- Walk/run around the property and enjoy the landscaping while you exercise
- Visit Koi Falls and feed Koi Fish in two different ponds…Sit on swings/chairs while enjoying the sound of waterfalls
- Have pizza delivered to your house or get catered food from nearby restaurants
- Enjoy outdoor fireplace & roast marshmallows (at the three larger homes and My Roundette)
- Bike ride (two bikes and helmets available for a small fee)
- View the stars from your porch
- Get a massage in your vacation home or on the patio/deck ($60/hr & $85 for an hour and a half massage. Neuromuscular and Hot Stones Massages are $75 for an hour. Contact us for pricing and availability. Relax and rejuvenate!)
Things to do within a few miles…
- Shop at Amish Store, Food Lion, Organic Mini-Mart (drug store and post office also nearby)
- Dine at several local restaurants
- Horseback Trail Ride ($35 for a 1 hr ride in Hickory Nut Gorge. $60 for a 2 hr ride to Mt. Little Pisgah. Great for all riding levels.)
- Eat homemade ice cream at Hilltop Ice Cream Store
- Buy organic meats at Hickory Nut Gap Farms & fresh seafood at Trout Lilt (Friday/ Saturday only)
- Get fresh vegetables at two different roadside farmer’s stands (one is organic)
- Visit “The Hub” and shop for artwork and other products made locally in Fairview
- Visit Whistle Hop…a unique craft brewery
If you are looking for other things you want to do… just ask. We would be happy to tell you about our area and some other fun things to do.
There’s Lots More to Do around town…
Asheville NC is a beautiful location for a relaxing getaway. A stay here at The Cove at Fairview will top it off with outstanding accommodations, fair rates, and top notch service. We are 15 minutes from The Biltmore House and from Downtown Asheville. After a busy day of sightseeing and exploring the local area, come back to our quaint vacation rentals for a relaxing evening.
We have special rates and packages for your stay. We will accommodate a number of people if needed. Please feel free to call us and make your reservation today. Nothing beats our tranquil Asheville NC rental cabins for a relaxing vacation in one of the most gorgeous locations. We look forward to being your hosts with our one of a kind vacation homes here at The Cove at Fairview.
Art Galleries/ Museum
Visit the Asheville Art Museum, located at Pack Square. Blue Spiral is a gallery downtown. The Folk Art Center, located on the Blue Ridge Parkway, has a historic craft museum and a store featuring the works of North Carolina artisans.
- Asheville Art Museum www.ashevilleart.org
- Blue Spiral www.bluespiral1.com
- Folk Art Center www.southernhighlandguild.org
The Biltmore Estate
Tour the house, view the grounds & visit the winery. Visit after 4:00 for a free second day visit the next day, (admission to house second day only). On the first day, tour the winery, visit the grounds, and dine out. Restaurants on the Estate grounds range from casual to fine dining.
The Vanderbilts at Home and Abroad is a historical display and is included with admission. Tickets can be upgraded for the Candlelight Tour (subject to availability in Nov & Dec). (Prices change seasonally).
The Blue Ridge Parkway
We are only 10 minutes from an entrance to The Blue Ridge Parkway at Mile Marker 384.7. We recommend going North on the Parkway to hikes with mountain overlooks. (The Mile Markers descend as you go north). Go North to Craggy Gardens (Mile Marker 364.4) or Mt. Mitchell (Mile Marker 355.4), which is the highest peak in the Eastern USA. Craggy Gardens is a 1.4 mile hike, and Mt. Mitchell is ¼ mile to the top!
Not feeling like a hike? Drive North to check out the views at overlooks; including, Haw Creek Overlook at Mile Marker 380, Craven Gap Overlook at 377.4, and Tanbark Overlook at 376.4.
We recommend going South on the Parkway to hikes with waterfalls. Graveyard Fields (Mile Marker 418) is beautiful hike, which has small waterfalls at the beginning of the hike and Upper Falls, another waterfall, later down the trail. 3-4 Mile hike.
The parkway closes during inclement weather, please call 828-298-5330 or stop by the Blue Ridge Parkway Visitor Center (Mile Marker 384) for more information.
Take the kids to Gem Mining at Chimney Rock Gem Mine or Randell Glen Gem Mine. Go to Fun Depot for Go Carts, Mini-Golf, Laser Tag, Batting Cages, Bumper Cars & Arcades. Visit Mountain Play Lodge or Launch Trampoline Park for hours of family fun! Play over 75 pinball and classic video games at Asheville Pinball Museum. For a small fee, go to the WNC Nature Center to see bear, otters, wolves, and more animals. Visit the North Carolina Arboretum – this family-friendly facility features elaborate gardens, wooded trails, educational displays, a Bonsai Exhibition Garden, a gift shop, and a café. In the summer, go to Sliding Rock, a natural rock waterslide.
- Randall Glen Gem Mine – www.randallglen.com/
- Chimney Rock Gem Mine – www.chimneyrockgemmine.com/
- Fun Depot – www.ashevillesfundepot.com
- Mountain Play Lodge – www.mountainplaylodge.com
- Launch Trampoline Park – www.launchasheville.com
- Asheville Pinball Museum – www.ashevillepinball.com
- WNC Nature Center – www.wildwnc.org
- Sliding Rock – www.romanticasheville.com/sliding_rock.htm
- The North Carolina Arboretum – www.ncarboretum.org/
LEAF is an outstanding music and Arts festival with two locations (downtown Asheville and nearby Black Mountain). LEAF has a fee. The Drum Circle happens Friday Nights at Pritchard Park during warmer weather. Bring a drum, dance, or just enjoy watching the festivities. Shindig on the Green features free folk and bluegrass music, as well as clogging. Downtown after 5 is a free music festival that happens monthly from June to September.
- LEAF – www.theleaf.com/
- Drum Circle – http://www.romanticasheville.com/drumming_circle.htm
- Shindig on the Green – http://www.folkheritage.org/shindigonthegreen.htm
- Downtown After 5 – www.ashevilledowntown.org
There are many more festivals and local festivities!
There are many places to play Golf in the Asheville Area. Play at Broadmoor Golf Course, a well-known links style course, Apple Valley Course or Bald Mountain Course at Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure. Asheville Municipal Golf Course is a Donald Ross course less than 15 minutes away. The course at Reems Creek Country Club has Scottish influence.
- Broadmoor Golf Course – www.broadmoorlinks.com
- Asheville Municipal Golf Course – www.golfholes.com/nc/buncombe-golf.htm
- Reems Creek Country Club – http://reemscreekgolf.com/
- Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure – http://www.rumblingbald.com/golf/rates/
Visit the Thomas Wolfe Memorial and tour the childhood home of this famous author. Visit the Carl Sandburg Home – tour the home, hike the grounds, and meet the dairy goat herd. Visit the Vance Birthplace and tour the birthplace of this politician and public servant.
- Thomas Wolfe Memorial – www.wolfememorial.com
- Carl Sandburg Home – www.nps.gov/carl/index.htm
- Vance Birthplace – www.nchistoricsites.org/vance/vance.htm
The Grey Eagle, Stella Blue, The Orange Peel, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium & Asheville Music Hall are great places to hear live music. The Mountain Xpress is a free local weekly paper that lists all music acts. Available on-line.
- The Grey Eagle – http://www.thegreyeagle.com/
- Stella Blue – http://www.myspace.com/stellabluelive
- The Orange Peel – http://www.theorangepeel.net/
- The Mountain Xpress – http://www.mountainx.com/
- Thomas Wolfe Auditorium – http://www.uscellularcenterasheville.com
- Asheville Music Hall – http://www.ashevillemusichall.com
Our guests enjoy the following outdoor adventures: boating, canoeing on the French Broad River, fishing, hiking to waterfalls or mountain views, horseback riding, hot-air ballooning, mountain biking, skiing, snow tubing, tubing, white water rafting, & zip-lining. Contact us for more information on these outdoor adventures.
- Skiing – Cataloochee Ski Area (in Maggie Valley) http://www.cataloochee.com
- Skiing – Wolf Ridge Ski Resort http://www.skiwolfridgenc.com/
- Tubing – Green River Cove Tubing http://www.greenrivercovetubing.com
- Zip-lining – Navitat Canopy Tours http://www.navitat.com
- White Water Rafting – French Broad Rafting Expeditions http://www.frenchbroadrafting.com
- Photographer: Tori Hartwell Photographing families for over 5 years! Phone: (507) 403-7828 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://torihartwell.com
These Restaurants are in Fairview: Piazza (wood fired pizza), Local Joint (great brunch & sandwiches), Nachos & Beer (Californian Style Mexican Food), and Angelos (country cooking). Fairview Pizza Company delivers to The Cove at Fairview (with exception of Prayer Ridge and Log Gap). Fairview Pizza Company also offers a wide array of delicious breakfast items.
- Fairview Pizza Company – http://www.fairviewpizzacompany.com
- Piazza (near the cove) – http://www.piazzaeast.com
- Local Joint (great for breakfast, lunch and dinner) – http://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-and-more-on-74-fairview
- Nachos and Beer – http://www.yelp.com/biz/nachos-and-beer-asheville-2
- Angelos – https://plus.google.com/117288240520884360369/about?gl=us&hl=en
There are many great restaurants in Asheville but here are some of our favorites, as well as a couple of restaurant guides. 12 Bones – have ribs & scrumptious sides for lunch or take-out. Bouchon– French comfort food. The Early Girl Eatery – delicious Southern dishes. Tupelo Honey – A revival of Southern Food and Traditions. The Corner Kitchen – Southern dished with an urban twist. White Duck Taco Shop – scrumptious tacos.
- 12 Bones – www.12bones.com
- Bouchon – http://ashevillebouchon.com/
- The Early Girl Eatery – http://www.earlygirleatery.com
- Tupelo Honey – http://www.tupelohoneycafe.com
- The Corner Kitchen – http://www.thecornerkitchen.com
- White Duck Taco Shop – http://www.whiteducktacoshop.com
We can help you provide a gift basket/ cheese tray for you or your loved one’s arrival. Also, there is a wide variety of catering options.
- Troyer’s Amish Country Blatz (gift baskets and deli items) – http://www.troyerscountryamishblatz.net
- Moose Ridge Culinary & Catering – (828) 777-6466
- Corner Kitchen Catering – http://www.cornerkitchencatering.com
Visit Biltmore Village and shop in these upscale boutiques near the Biltmore Estate. Visit the Grove Arcade – shop & dine in this historic building downtown. There are many great stores downtown, including Tops for Shoes and Mast General Store. Shop for locally made artwork at The Hub, or buy artwork made by members of the Southern Highland Craft Guild at The Folk Art Center.
- Biltmore Village – www.biltmorevillage.com
- The Grove Arcade – http://www.grovearcade.com/
- Tops for Shoes – www.topsforshoes.com
- Mast General Store – www.mastgeneralstore.com
- The Hub – (828)628-1422
- Folk Art Center – http://www.southernhighlandguild.org
Arrange a massage in your rental home for a reasonable fee. $60/hr & $85 for an hour and a half massage. Relax and Rejuvenate.
Relax in luxury at Secret Spa or enjoy a first class facial at Virtu. These are two of the many great spas in the area.
All prices subject to change; some availability is seasonal.